Lackawanna Bar Association Membership Benefits
Continuing Legal Education—The Lackawanna Bar Association currently charges non-members $60.00 per hour for continuing education and members $25.00 per hour. In addtion, the LBA offers a minimum of 12 free credits to members each year. This means payment of your annual dues can be completely offset by the cost of obtaining your continuing legal education credits.
LBA Website / Lawyers Directory—Payment of your membership dues allows you access to the Lackawanna Bar Association website and lawyer’s directory. Our newly designed website contains many of the local Courts’ Opinions in searchable form, information about our, city, county and commonwealth. Additionally in the Member’s Only Section you will find our By-Laws and Committee List.
LBA Events—Access to all Lackawanna Bar Association social functions including free attendance at the Bench Bar Conference, the Annual Membership Meeting, Young Lawyers events and various other Bar Association events.
Lackawanna Jurist—Fifty-two issues of the Lackawanna Jurist, which is published weekly and contains many important notices regarding the practice of law in Lackawanna County. Members receive discounted rates for publishing notices in the Jurist.
Pennsylvania Bar Association Membership—Automatic membership to the PBA with the current unit county agreement. Membership in the Pennsylvania Bar Association gives you free access to the PBA website Insight Program, which allows you to search all Pennsylvania Court Opinions for free.
Pennsylvania Bar Association Benefits
The Pennsylvania Bar Association has been designated by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court as the association which is most broadly representative of the members of the bar of the Commonwealth. Membership in the Pennsylvania Bar Association is open to all licensed attorneys in good standing with the bar of the Commonwealth. Associate membership is open to lawyers not licensed in Pennsylvania, but who are in good standing in a jurisdiction other than Pennsylvania, and student membership is available to law students in good standing registered in an ABA-accredited law school.
Benefits of PBA Membership For all PBA Members:
- Casemaker, members-only, online legal research service.
- Law Practice Management Support—a dedicated LPM Coordinator available to assist members with technology and practice management issues.
- Committees and sections dealing with substantive areas of the law and areas of general interest to members.
- Legislative Relations—keeping members abreast of what is happening on Capitol Hill, monitoring legislation and working with PBA committees and sections on legislation relevant to the legal profession.
- Ethics Hotline and Opinions—members can search ethics opinions online or contact the Ethics Hotline with questions related to the Pa. Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Group insurance programs offering lawyers professional liability, health, disability, home and auto and customized risk-management support packages.
- Substantial discounts on teleconferencing and web conferencing.
- Financial services through Bank of America.
- Customized banking programs with PNC Bank.
- Discounts on express shipping, office equipment, magazine subscriptions and car rentals.
Interested in becoming a member?
Please contact the Lackawanna Bar Association for information about becoming a member.